Tactics which affect capital structure arithmetic can have a large impact on share price. But the use of tactics like share buybacks, hidden leverage and sequenced expansion spending are almost always missed by the sell side.
- Hedge funds lose $30 billion on VW infinity squeeze December 9, 2018
- How Martin Shkreli caused a 10,000% squeeze on KBIO August 1, 2018
Even some of the smartest investors on Wall Street keep repeating the same costly investment mistakes without ever realizing it. Note: More of these descriptions will continue to be added over time.
- Anchoring bias December 11, 2018
- Herd behavior December 11, 2018
- Confirmation bias December 9, 2018
Going short is not the opposite of going long. Being short is far riskier and more complicated than most people realize. Here are some examples and explanations.
- How pricey stock borrow can predict short squeezes December 20, 2018